Sep 4, 2013

Beginnings

Over the summer it's become clearer to me how much I want to be a photographer, how much I want to capture people as they are in their own beautiful and unique lives. I want to capture the excitement in the face of a senior as he or she prepares to set off on a grand new adventure after graduation. I want to capture the love and affection between a man and a woman who have fallen completely in love with each other. I want to capture the awe in the eyes of new parents as they get to know their newborn baby. I want to capture the joy and laughter in the relationships between parents and children, brothers and sisters. I want to capture the now so that it can be looked back with fond remembrance for years to come.

God has been working in my life in ways I never expected. This weekend I'll be attending Ellie Be's workshop - I didn't think it was going to happen, but God made all the pieces fall into place and here I am with my bags packed and ready to go.

I've been blessed to connect with a wonderful, fellow young photographer who's working on growing her business. It's been such a joy to talk to her about where each of us wants to go and what we want to do. And I'm beyond excited that I get to meet her this weekend. (you'll "meet" her after the workshop, promise)

So at the beginning of this - another step in my journey as a photographer and the opening of my senior year of high school - I praise God for the blessings he has showered upon me, for the surety He has given me that this is what I am supposed to do, and I pray that my work may always bring Him glory.

There will be a few changes around here once I return from the workshop, the biggest being that I will be blogging regularly - commence happy dancing! Until then, check out my newly updated 'about me' page for a peak into who I am. :)

4 comments:

  1. Have a blessed adventure, and tell us all about it when you come home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading this post. So excited that we'll be meeting in less than 3 hours!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the comment on my blog. I love that it's led me to YOUR place. Your photography is so beautiful and inspiring!

    And I'm terribly in love with the sweater in this post's photo. How elegant!

    God bless you! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leah, I love the way you capture life in your photography! It's always so inspiring to me. <3

    I nominated you for the Liebster award on my blog. :) http://chattykatie.typepad.com/my-blog/2013/09/the-liebster-award-1.html

    ~Katie

    ReplyDelete