May 6, 2012

Freelensing

An awesome technique that's been making it's rounds in the photography blogging world is freelensing. Basicly it's detaching your lens from your camera and taking photos while holding it really close to the camera body but without it actually being attached...if that makes any sense whatsoever. SO I'll direct you to this article on freelensing incase you want to try this out for yourself.

I've played around with freelensing a few times over the past month but I'm just now getting some results that I actually enjoy. But each person has their own eye. :-)

I can tell you one thing though, I love freelensing. I would totally recommend trying this out for yourself if you have an SLR camera...as long as you're not super afraid of the idea of having your lens detached from your camera (you know, dust and all that).

So, here are a few of my favorite freelensing shots.






I hope to use this technique for portraits after a some more practice!

Also, what do you think of the new design?

3 comments:

  1. freelensing is so fun, isn't it? you got some great shots. also, your new design is pretty; i love the red accents. (:

    -oriana
    http://this-real-heart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new design!!!!! :)
    I also like this new technique! I have never heard of it before... I may have to experiment with you... if I may. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the design, it's simple but elegant (and I'm a sucker for B&W with highlights of red).

    I've never heard of freelensing before; it sounds really interesting. *really wishes she had the money to buy an SLR* Your photos are works of art, as usual! I really like the first one because it reminds me of the beautiful forest near my house...

    ReplyDelete