May 1, 2012

Finding Myself

As I look through the posts I have published since starting this blog in February, I'm finding that they lack words. They're full of my pictures. They're full of things that I see. 

Last night I was lying in bed reading when it came to me. The realization that nothing I've posted truly reflects who I am, that I've posted for the sake of posting and that I've lost myself in trying to get readers.

Since the middle of March I've been trying to come up with something substantial to write about. Each time I thought of something I was disappointed to realize that it wasn't me. None of the ideas were things I was passionate about. 

Now, most of (read: pretty much all of) the things I wrote never got posted. That's because they were missing the passion that would be reflected in my writing if I really wanted to share that particular thing. They were a fabrication of what I thought other people would want me to be. They were things that I thought would make people want to read my blog.

But it's not about the readers.

I created this blog to share who I am not who I want people to think I am. I've realized that I just need to be myself. All of the blogs I enjoy reading are ones written by people who are being themselves.

This girl is someone different from everyone else. This is a girl with her own view, with her own dreams, with her own voice. This is a girl that will share who she truly is, without a care in the world about who likes or dislikes what she writes and who she is. I created this blog to share my life, not a fabrication of it.

This girl has found herself in trying to be someone else.


{edit} On another note, who wants to guess how often I take pictures of myself while I'm in the car?

No comments:

Post a Comment