Nov 9, 2012

Simply Seventeen

Today I'm seventeen.

The past year of my life has been a growing experience. I'm not sure if that is apparent to anyone other than me, but it absolutely was. It was also blessed beyond imagining and I hold sweet memories from it. I have no idea what God has in store for me this year, but He has set the stage and I know it's going to be wonderful.

For me, the odd years seem like the biggest leaps. Sixteen was big for me, but not as big as seventeen. And I can't explain it, it just is. There's the whole "sweet sixteen" mentality. And then the whole thing with eighteen being legal. And seventeen is just scrunched in between those two "big" ages. But to me, seventeen is also special. Each birthday is special. And none need to be celebrated in any over the top manner. To celebrate, I just want to be around the people I love most, I don't want any fluff. I want each and every birthday to be simple and real and full of love. That's all I need.

And so today I am simply seventeen (and so ready for another year of adventures).



{I started the year off with cheesecake at midnight. New tradition? Um, yeah.}

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthdayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    In honour of the occasion, I wrote you a letter! Isn't that dandy? But as my pen gave out, it isn't tooo long. But as the pen was a fountain pen, it looks nice. :)

    Again, happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I can't wait to read the letter. :)

      Delete