Sep 18, 2012

Adventures in Spain

I've been trying to write this post all day so as to convey all of the thoughts I had during my family's recent vacation to Spain (with a short side trip to Lourdes, France). But the truth of it is, these memories are far greater than I will ever be able to share completely in a blog post. Each person, each building with hundreds of years of history, each beautiful view, each city left its impression on me and these are things I will always treasure. Throughout the trip my mom would ask me if I was happy to be there, if I was enjoying it and I suppose that was because I was so quiet. But that's my way of taking things in, silently and slowly. I was almost dazed by the fact that I was actually there. As I've said before, I'm not one that's good with describing my view of things with words and that's why I love photography. As we walked the halls of amazing old castles and explored magnificent cathedrals I took things in, first with my eyes and then with those same eyes through my camera so that I could share them but not miss them. So here is a small glimpse into my trip to Spain, not with words that will only skim the surface of the experiences I had but with photos that show you how I saw things. The trip didn't always go smoothly, it didn't always go as planned, but it went as it was supposed to go and for this adventure I am grateful.

(And, yeah, that snail towards the bottom is legit. Those things were HUGE.)













We're knee high in sand, people, sand. Those holes were weird (spoken like a true land-locked girl and proud of it).






5 comments:

  1. WOW LEAH!!!! SO JEALOUS! :) Those are some great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS!!! Your pictures look absolutely professional, Leah!! I'm jealous too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very glad you're back!!! It looks amazing!!!

    Those shoes--up near the top--well, I need those shoes.

    Why doesn't America have such breathtaking churches--ever, pretty much? They mostly end up looking like pizza huts...but these are beyond words.

    And the musician in a flat cap is awesome: as are not the snails.

    What book by Tolkien was Gilbert (err, Joe) reading?

    See you Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was reading the Hobbit, he's gearing up for the movie release. ;)

      Delete
  4. I LOVE all of the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete